Get Health Coverage In 4 Simple Steps
STEP 1: Create an account
Go to bcbstx.com, click Shop Plans & Products, then select View Plan Pricing, and the Log In tab to create an account.
- Be sure to write down your account information.
- Email username:_____________________
- Email password:_____________________
- bcbstx.com username:_____________________
- bcbstx.com password:_____________________
TIP: If you forget your password, you can reset them online.
STEP 2: Pick your plan
- Enter basic details, estimate your premium credit and see plans with prices.
- Select your plan and save in your “cart”.
TIP: You can save more than one plan if you want to choose later.
- Plan Selected:_____________________
STEP 3: Apply for you official premium credit, if applicable
- Click Get Your Official Premium Credit
- Log in to your Health Insurance Marketplace account at Healthcare.gov
TIP: If you don't have a Marketplace account, you'll need to sign up for one.
- Remember your Marketplace log in information.
- Marketplace username:_____________________
- Marketplace password:_____________________
- Security Answers:_____________________
- Enter information about you, your family, your household size, etc.
TIP: This could take up to 40 minutes.
- See your official premium credit and other savings.
- The Marketplace will return you to our website to finalize your application.
TIP: Have the password and user name for the BCBSTX account you created in Step 1 handy.
STEP 4: Sign up for your BCBSTX plan
- Log in to your BCBSTX account.
- Confirm information and personal details.
- Select how you want to pay. TIP: Payment is not required when you apply.
- Sign and submit your application.
CONGRATULATIONS — YOU'RE DONE! Check you email to get started.
- Look for emails from us. To get started, take the steps in the first email we send you.
- View your policy booklet and more. How? Sign up for your secure account on the BCBSTX member website. The first email we send you will have instructions on how to do this.
- Look for your BCBSTX member ID cards in the mail.
- A BCBSTX Customer Advocate may call you. Talk with them to learn more about your plan.