Convenient Payment Options
Each month you will receive a bill for your premium. You can continue to use your insurance as long as you keep your payments up to date. If you purchased your own coverage, you will have to pay your first premium before you can start using your benefits. Even if you purchased your insurance on the Health Insurance Exchange, you will make your payment to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX). Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) offers many convenient ways for you to pay your premium. You may choose what works best for you:
Pay your premium by mail with a personal check, cashier's check or money order. To do so, be sure you:
- Make the check payable to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Write your account/member ID number on your check, cashier's check or money order
- Include the payment coupon that was sent to you with your bill
- Send your payment at least 5 business days in advance of the payment due date to ensure timely posting to your account.
- Mail your payment to the address on your bill.
- Call the OrbiPay* payment line toll-free at 877-433-3755. Please have your member ID number, bank routing number and bank account number ready.
- Make a one-time payment by bank draft through the OrbiPay secure website found at bcbstx.com/member/payment-options.
- Set up recurring electronic funds transfer (EFT) by calling Customer Service toll free at 888-697-0683.
- Bring a copy of your bill, which includes your member ID number and your “receive code,” to any of the MoneyGram® locations near you (including most Walmart, ACE Cash Express and CVS stores) to pay with cash. MoneyGram locations in Walmart and Albertsons stores also take debit card payments. Note: The in-person cash option is not available for your first payment. Following payments can be made with cash at MoneyGram locations near you.
- Make a one-time payment over the phone by calling the BillMatrix* Automated Payment at 866-654-8569 and enter the necessary information when prompted to make your payment. You will need your 9-digit Member ID number found on your ID card.
- Log in to your Blue Access for MembersSM account and look for the Payments & Billing section. Click the Go to Payments & Billing button to be redirected to a secure website for submitting payment by card.
* Orbipay is the secure payment processing system offered by Alacriti Payments, LLC. BCBSTX has contracted with Alacriti to process ACH/electronic check payments.
BillMatrix is the secure payment processing system offered by Fiserv. BCBSTX has contracted with Fiserv to process payments with debit, credit and pre-paid debit cards.